Tuesday, May 15, 2012

Media crash

Of course your electronics die while on vacation and you need them most. Until this trip I had no idea that my MacBook Air had anything wrong with it until I used a classmates. It is a small computer so I assumed you could not run much on it so the constant freezing is normal. Apparently, this little book has fans which have not been working since I bought it. This has brought on a new mess of problems during this trip I never had to deal with at home. I rarely use my digital camera at home so I did not anticipate my computer crashing if I try t upload more than 5 photos at a time. Once during this crash iPhoto lost my entire organized library and I had to search the depths of my computer to find the masters. That being said, this was only a few days ago so it will be a bit of time before I have renewed stamina to organize photos and then post. It is a great reminder to backup my photos so I don't lose them and the hours I put into organizing them. Wish me luck! In the mean time you can check out the blog our class has been taking turns posting on, artinspain.wordpress.com. This week was my turn to post so you can find 7 posts of what I have done in the last week.

1 comment:

  1. =8-O !Que lastima! Sorry!

    Backups. In the beginning, when it was NOT good, backups were daily and mandatory. Head crashes were frequent. Technology has gotten so much better that it's easy to slip and put this off to the side. I have two external drives for double backup of my photos on my laptop, but I have to remember to actually do that. Glad you could recover.

    ReplyDelete